We work closely with Shop MA, Inc., SHOP.COM Marketplace, Inc., Market America Worldwide, Inc. and each of their various subsidiaries and affiliated companies (collectively the “Affiliates”), and your personal, technical and discretionary information may be shared with each of these Affiliates, in the discretion of Market America, Inc. For this reason, throughout these Terms, references made to “Market America,” “MA,” “Company,” “we,” “us,” and “our” collectively include Market America, Inc., and the Affiliates. The Site is hosted in the United States.
Information We Collect
To best serve your needs, we will, from time to time, collect certain information from you.
1. Personal Information.. The information we collect may include, without limitation, your name, address, telephone number, email address, buying habits, personal data (such as your skin type, skincare routine, concerns about skincare, age), corporate information, testimonials, credit card information and date of birth. Personal information will be collected at various times including, without limitation, when you:
- Register as a Preferred Customer
- Apply to and/or participate in the Pro-Artist Program
- Apply to and/or participate in the Motives® Affiliate Program
- Order or reorder products, services and/or gift cards by telephone or on the Site
- Write an email or letter to Market America
- Enroll in or use for AutoShip
- Participate in our Cashback Program
- Submit a product review or testimonial to Market America
- Complete the Custom Skin Quiz
- Return an item or make an exchange
- Participate in a marketing survey, promotion or event
- Contact our customer service or product information departments
- Navigate the website
- Register on our website
- Order products and services from our Partner Stores
- Use the Motives® Virtual Try Me feature
2. Technical information we collect and store automatically.. When you visit the Site, we may store some or all of the following: the Internet address from which you accessed the Site, the date and time you visited the Site, whether you are a new or returning visitor, the page from which you exit the Site, what country you are visiting from (your network location), the internet address of the website from which you linked to the Site, the name of the file or words you searched for, items clicked on a page, and the browser and operating system used.
3. Cookies. In addition, we store certain information from your browser using cookies. A cookie is a small data file that is stored by your web browser on your computer. The cookies we use include, without limitation, session ID cookies and persistent cookies.
Using Information We Collect
We want to provide you with the best possible internet experience and fulfill your orders exactly as you've requested. Additionally, we want to make your experience as a Market America customer a pleasant one. In order to do this, we collect information that allows us to, without limitation:
1. Use of Personal Information
- Process your order
- Match you up with the Shop Consultant that is the best possible fit for you
- Provide the products and services you request
- Partner with stores where you like to shop
- Send you promotional offers
- Identify your product and service preferences
- Customize our communications to you
- Provide information concerning products you have purchased
- Improve our product selection and customer service
- Share your positive product testimonials with others
- Track your Cashback
- If you use the Motives® Virtual Try Me feature, we may collect and store your image(s), for example, if you use the feature to share the photo on social media or send an email to a friend
2. Use of Technical Information. This information is used to measure the number of visitors to the Site and to various sections of the Site, the percentage of visits that came from particular key word searches, the average time spent on the Site by visitors and the average number of page views by visitors. It may also be used to identify system performance or problem areas. We also use this information to help us develop the Site, analyze patterns of usage, and to make the site more useful. This information is not used for associating search terms or patterns of site navigation with individual users. The Site may periodically delete its web logs. We use third-party analytics services to collect and analyze this data, and on occasion, we may provide this information to third-party entities we contract with for the purpose of further analyzing website traffic.
Information We Share with Others and Your Privacy Rights
It is not a practice of Market America to sell, rent, or trade personal information. In order to service our customers and Preferred Customers, we will share your order information, some of your personal information and information about your spending habits with the Market America Independent Distributor assigned as your Shop Consultant. Market America's Independent Distributors are obligated to treat the information you supply with confidentiality.
We share certain limited information with the Partner Stores where you shop. Additionally, we contract with other companies to provide certain services, including without limitation credit card processing, IT consulting, printing, shipping, internet services, e-commerce, and public and media relations. We make every effort to provide these companies with only the information they need to perform their services. Generally, such companies are prohibited from sharing this information with anyone other than Market America or its Independent Distributors.
On rare occasions, we may disclose specific information upon governmental request, in response to a court order, or when required by law to do so. We may also share information with companies assisting in fraud protection or investigation. We do not provide information to these agencies or companies for marketing or commercial purposes.
How We Use Email
When you provide us your email address, you may receive emails from us or from one of our Independent Distributors. Emails may be sent in order to assist us in processing your order, respond to a request, provide customer service or inform you about products, services or promotional materials. It is our intent to send promotional emails only to those persons who wish to receive them. We provide instructions on how to unsubscribe in our emails.
Links to Other Sites
We provide links on our Site to other sites. These sites operate independently of Market America and have established their own privacy and security policies. We encourage you to review these policies at any site you visit.
Updating or Reviewing Your Information
You may review or update your customer or Preferred Customer information (name, address, telephone number, email address, credit card number, etc.) under Your Account.
Market America is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information. It is our intent to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you. We use a variety of current technologies and processes for protection of information we collect, and we limit the information we provide to third parties.
When you make a purchase or submit a document on our website, your transactional information is transmitted in a safe, encrypted format.
Privacy of Children on Our Website
Our Website is not intended for use by anyone under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personal information from persons under the age of 18.
We always welcome your questions and feedback. For privacy-related issues, please contact us at email@example.com.